Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Rural Studio

Animal Shelter built by "Rural Studio"


A month ago was the Modern Atlanta Home Tour. This is a week long event that ends with a Saturday and Sunday home tour. For the past few years I have volunteered with the event as a home docent. The perk of volunteering is you get 4 free passes for the home tour.



One of the events I volunteered at this year was to help at the screening of a movie about "Rural Studio". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rural_Studio



Rural Studio is where Auburn University architecture students build affordable houses for low income people in rural Alabama. However this low cost housing is like nothing you have ever seen before. It is MOMA meets Habitat for Humanity.






Last week while on business in Alabama, I happened to drive by a Rural Studio building (looks like cultural center) and I snapped this photo with my phone.





No comments:

Post a Comment